Social Media Manager
The Black Futures Lab is a 501(c)3 that transforms Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state, and federal level. The problems Black communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation, and political power. The Black Futures Lab combines strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state and national level to implement those alternatives.
Description of the Position:
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s overall social media strategy, as well as collaborating across departments to develop and execute campaign-specific social media strategies. They are responsible for creating social media content that both furthers the goals of the organization and deepens engagement among audiences and supporters. The Social Media Manager works closely with the Communications Director and Digital Organizer to carry out their roles and responsibilities and will report to the Communications Director.
This full-time position is benefits-eligible and remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the organization’s overall social media strategy, including social media influencers strategy
- Work closely with department leads to develop and execute campaign and/or program-specific social media strategy and plans
- Utilize social media platforms and texting programs to maximize digital list building
- Conceptualize and design graphics (images, gifs, short clips) for social media, as well as draft design briefs
- Monitor news outlets and social media throughout each day for breaking news and develop and post rapid response content
- Create weekly social metric reports and performing analysis on post performance, audience growth and engagement
- Track and measure the success of social media campaigns, and optimize content and drive social strategy based on its performance
- Utilize social listening tools and chatbots to deepen engagement with audience
- Develop weekly content that is informative, appealing and on-brand, and oversee live content creation and amplification in high leverage moments (i.e. live tweeting debates, forums, and hearings)
- Use social listening tools to monitor and track online conversations about the organization and our work
- Create, curate, and manage all published content across all social media platforms
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Develop and execute paid social media strategy
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- A demonstrated commitment to racial justice, economic justice, and gender justice
- Cultural competency with Black communities
- At least 3 years social media management experience
- Proven experience with design and software used to do graphic design, i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with latest technologies, and best practices in the field
- Ability to manage several projects and priorities, work on fast turnaround projects, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization
- Literacy with G-suite
- Must have experience growing social media audiences and increasing engagement amongst audience, and proven experience capturing and tracking analytics, and using them to shape strategy
- Mastery of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as social media management platforms, like and Sprout Social — and its features
- Experience developing and successfully running paid social digital programs
- Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Must demonstrate experience writing for the web and social media
- Results-focused and organized
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours as the need arises. This is not an ideal position for someone who seeks a 9a-5p job.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is estimated at $60,000 – $75,000, depending on experience.
Competitive benefits include
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Medical, Parking, and Dependent Care FSAs with employer contributions available
- Commuter benefits
- Subsidized gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Account
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter and relevant work sample (combined in one PDF) using the “Apply” button at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c858a322-00a0-4526-9713-59699ec1e4bf&ccId=9200104414316_2&jobId=416011&lang=en_US&source=CC4. Open until filled.
Black Futures Lab is a fiscally sponsored project of Chinese Progressive Association. Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.