Social Media Manager
This is a shared position between the Black Futures Lab and the Black to the Future Action Fund, which are fiscally sponsored projects of the Chinese Progressive Association and the Center for Empowered Politics. The Black Futures Lab is a 501(c)3 that transforms Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state, and federal level. The problems Black communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation, and political power. The Black Futures Lab combines strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state and national level to implement those alternatives. The Black to the Future Action Fund is a 501(c)4 that works to transform Black communities into constituencies that build independent, progressive, Black political power in cities and states. We work to enact policy that improves the lives of Black people. We work to ensure that Black people have what all people deserve – dignity, safety, and power.
Description of the Position:
The Social Media Manager will work with both the Black Futures Lab and the Black to the Future Action Fund, and is responsible for developing and implementing both organization’s social media strategies in order to maximize digital list building and deepen engagement and supporters’ sense of identity and involvement with specific campaigns and the organization as a whole. The Social Media Manager works closely with the Communications Director and Digital Organizer to carry out their roles and responsibilities, and will report to the Communications Director.
This position is full time and is remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the organization’s overall social media strategy, including campaign specific strategy and social media influencers strategy
- Utilize social media platforms and texting programs to maximize digital list building
- Conceptualize and design graphics (images, gifs, short clips) for social media, as well as draft design briefs
- Monitor news outlets and social media throughout each day for breaking news and develop and post rapid response content
- Create weekly social metric reports and performing analysis on post performance, audience growth and engagement
- Track and measure the success of social media campaigns, and optimize content based on its performance
- Utilize social listening tools and chatbots to deepen engagement with audience and
- Develop weekly content that is informative, appealing and on-brand, and oversee live content creation and amplification in high leverage moments (i.e. live tweeting debates, forums, and hearings)
- Create, curate, and manage all published content across all social media platforms
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- A demonstrated commitment to racial justice, economic justice, and gender justice
- Cultural competency with Black communities
- At least 2 years social media management experience
- Proven experience with design and software used to do graphic design, i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with latest technologies, and best practices in the field
- Ability to manage several projects and priorities, work on fast turnaround projects, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization
- Literacy with G-suite
- Must have experience growing social media audiences and increasing engagement amongst audience, and proven experience capturing and tracking analytics, and using them to shape strategy
- Mastery of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as social media management platforms, like HootSuite and Sprout Social — and their features
- Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Must demonstrate experience writing for the web and social media
- Results-focused and organized
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours as the need arises. This is not an ideal position for someone who seeks a 9a-5p job.
The salary range is estimated at $60,000 – $70,000, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (combined in one PDF), and submit three references. Open until filled.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBT and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.