The Black Futures Lab works to make Black communities powerful in politics. BFL transforms Black communities into constituencies that build and wield independent, progressive, Black political power. The problems facing Black communities are complex, and their solutions require innovation, experimentation and Black political power. To learn more about the Black Futures Lab, please visit www.blackfutureslab.org.
The Black Futures Lab is hiring for a Program Assistant position. This is a shared position with Black Futures’ sister organization Black to the Future Action Fund.
The Program Assistant provides program support, ensuring that the operational aspects of our programs are executed seamlessly. The Program Assistant will also identify and assist with streamlining the organization’s operations and back-end processes. The Program Assistant reports directly to the Director of Administration.
This position is remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting logistics and coordinating internal and external activities
- Managing and entering data, including but not limited to MailChimp and Every Action, list swaps and weekly list segmentation
- Monitoring program contracts (renewals, extensions)
- Serving as main point of contact for facilitating program contracts and event-planning
- Creating Run of Show documents for all events that don’t have scripting
- Tracking attendee data for events and participation rates of RSVPs vs Attendees
- Collecting data and tracking participation and evaluation of key activities
Administrative Support and Operations
- Organization and management of organizational drives and archives
- Planning and execution of administrative and logistical aspects of convenings, webinars, and in-person gatherings for BFL and B2TF supporters and volunteers
- Tracking invoice submission to ensure accuracy with contract
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Support meetings, events, and funder briefings as needed
- Ensure compliance with program regulations
- Collect, analyze data, and prepare reports as needed
- Conducting background research to help inform campaigns and future event strategy
- Drafting One Pagers & Memos for internal use on research findings
- At least 3 years of working towards racial and social justice in an administrative, operational or program support capacity
- Grassroots organizing experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated alignment with Black Futures Lab / Black to the Future Action Fund’s mission, and a strong commitment to racial and/or social justice
An understanding of the current and historical Black organizing political landscape.
Ability to manage multiple projects, with multiple deadlines, with input from different team members
Basic computer skills, including proficiency with G-Suite
Work under tight deadlines and in a team environment
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Strong problem solving skills
Experience working with LGBTQOC communities
Experience working with VAN or other voter file platform preferred
Experience or familiarity with EveryAction, MailChimp
Experience building systems from scratch
- Ability to work well in a startup environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of people, leaders, and organizations to advance the mission of the work
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time when applicable.
- Due to COVID-19, all work is being conducted remotely until further notice. Office hours are 10 am – 6 pm local time. Work hours may be adjusted to accommodate team members in other time zones.
Salary is $75,000 – $80,000. Black Futures Lab / Black to the Future Action Fund offers comprehensive benefits packages for employees working 25 hours or more including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance, and other resources to support a centered, healthy quality of life for staff and their families.
We will begin reviewing applications ASAP. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume through the designated application portal at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c858a322-00a0-4526-9713-59699ec1e4bf&ccId=9200104414316_2&jobId=451608&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Applications received via email or outside of the designated process will not be considered.
Black Futures Lab, Black to the Future Action Fund, and Resilient Strategies LLC are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.