EXECUTIVE MANAGER TO THE PRINCIPAL
The Black Futures Lab (c3) works to make Black communities powerful in politics. We transform Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state, and federal level. The problems Black communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation, and political power. We advance strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state and national level in order to implement those alternatives.
This position is shared with our sister entity, Black to the Future Action Fund, a separate 501c4.
The Executive Manager provides executive support to the Principal, enhancing daily work flow and impact, while executing administrative functions at a high level, under the supervision of the Principal’s Senior Advisor.
The Executive Manager is committed to getting results in a fast paced, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate for this role is impeccably organized, superbly detail oriented with a strong interest in racial and social justice issues. The Executive Manager must thrive working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The Executive Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position is remote and reports to the Principal’s Senior Advisor.
Calendar Management and Complex Travel / Event Coordination
- Coordinate the Principal’s schedule with a strong understanding of shifting and regular priorities, while working closely with the Senior Advisor to the Principal to maximize impact and workflow
- Lead scheduling internally and externally with various internal teams on behalf of the Principal, acting as a key liaison and representative for the Principal’s Office
- Flawlessly manage and coordinate various travel arrangements for the Principal and/or those collaborating with the Principal’s Office, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and impeccable attention to detail with shifting needs and priorities
- Create meetings and associated timelines; prepare and distribute meeting notifications, agenda materials, and manage all correspondence and meeting execution with the highest level of accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Maintains an understanding of the current social/political environment
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Data Entry and Records Management
- Follows up on contacts made by the Principal and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality control for Principal’s financial reports, tracking and reconciling all expenses in collaboration with the Finance department
- Update and maintain all contacts with current information
- Complete and submit Principal’s timesheets and department invoices effectively and efficiently, minimizing any margin of error or risk
- Collaborate with the Senior Advisor and other departments to produce and/or collect accurate data for reports and other actionable items for the Principal’s Office
- Manage and update the Principal’s Office shared files with the most current content for the Principal’s briefings, travel, meeting schedule, etc. with ultimate discretion
- Take meeting notes and share next steps with collaborators as needed; attend board and working group meetings, record and circulate minutes
- Monitor board budget and prepare quarterly reports for the Principal with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail
Additional Administrative Support
- Lead and support administrative projects; ensuring that they are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner, continually updating the Principal with status reports
- Manage and/or support special event invitation process and confirmations, vetting requests and strategic content while working closely with the Senior Advisor and Project Manager of the Principal’s Office
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Creates and edits all acknowledgement letters from the Principal to donors
- Review email and written requests and strategically respond/forward accordingly
- Knowledge and use of Mondays.com project management tool to ensure projects are on track
- Provide support for other administrative positions and duties as required, including event management
- Manage and organize Principal’s email accounts and other records/files
- Coordinate security detail for public appearances as needed
- Travel independently and with the Principal (30-50%) in support of engagements
- Support personal requests/needs, including coordinating meals, booking personal appointments, supporting and tracking Principal’s charitable activities (personal donations), etc.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of experience in an administrative role supporting Senior/C-suite executive(s) or an Executive level office (nonprofit/social justice organization experience preferred)
- Significant demonstrated experience crafting internal and external facing client/partner communications and high level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), G-Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Drive, and Calendar), Zoom, Monday.com, Mailchimp, Adobe Acrobat, and social media platforms
- Impeccable verbal, written, research, communication and deck creation skills and experience
- Demonstrated alignment with Black Futures Lab / Black to the Future Action Fund’s mission, and a strong commitment to racial and/or social justice
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise terms (verbally and written)
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators, based in various office locations or working remotely
- Able to work independently in a face-paced environment, with a proactive approach
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, and travel (30-50%)
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to exercise absolute discretion
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Must also be available as needed during evenings and weekends via text, instant message, phone.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends
- Ability to be available via text and phone to problem solve urgent concerns as they arise
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Due to concerns related to COVID-19, this position will function as remote until further notice.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $75,000 – $90,000. Black Futures Lab / Black to the Future Action Fund offers comprehensive benefits packages including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance and other resources to support a centered, healthy quality of life for staff and their families.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) references in PDF format only using the “Apply to this Job” button at https://cpasf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=98.