The Black Futures Lab transforms Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state and federal level. The problems Black communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation and political power. The Black Futures Lab combines strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state, and national level to implement those alternatives.
The Black Futures Lab is hiring for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant ensures that the Black Futures Lab functions efficiently, managing a brick and mortar office with remote employees. The Administrative Assistant will perform a range of administrative and office support activities in order to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Black Futures Lab. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and Finance.
This position is located in Oakland, California, and requires regular attendance at our brick and mortar location in Oakland, California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates maintenance of office equipment
- Maintains office supply inventories
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff members
- Prepares agendas for meetings and prepares schedules
- Records, compiles, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence
- Handles requests for information and data
- Resolves administrative problems and inquiries
- Submits and reconciles expense reports
- Prepares and monitors invoices
- Greets and assists visitors to the office
- Maintains up-to-date employee holiday records, ensure timesheet compliance
- Develops and updates administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Maintains computer and manual filing systems
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Supports with event logistics and coordination
- Other duties as assigned specific to the support of efficient office systems
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- At least 5 years of administrative experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems proactively
This position is full time non-exempt.
Salary and Benefits:
$26.43 to $28.85 per hour with an expected annual earnings of 55k to 60k. Salary Commensurate with experience. Medical and dental benefits included.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter, along with three references. Open until filled.
Black Futures Lab is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association. Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBT and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply.
Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.